Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 1

Cedar Grove Park
copyright Jennifer Geisert

I tried writing a daily photo blog once before and predictably lost interest. In another lifetime I'd love to have the time to photograph interestingly every day and to sit down at the end of it and write about anything that comes to mind, but there just isn't enough time in the day. However, now my next big project to work on is a book of photographs, and I suppose this is as good a start as any.

Today was a day off for me, although I rushed around all over the place. I work in an art gallery that's putting on a jurried exhibition for the local art league, and I've been encouraged to submit something. The catch is that the image has to have been taken somewhere in the city, and I have no images that fit the criteria. Oh, and the deadline is Monday. So I spent my morning walking and driving from one end of the city to the other with the intention of getting some good images. But that typical thing happened, where you decide you're going to be creative and then the creativity doesn't come. One thing creativity doesn't understand is a full work week.

At any rate, I have images to play with over the next few days. Even if I don't get accepted, I'll at least have a nicely framed image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, art hates being created on a schedule. It wants to be marinated ...although from there it may simmer in a slow-cooker or come sizzling out of your camera like a hot wok